Website privacy notice
This is the privacy notice of brettbaker.co.uk.
In this document, “we”, brettbaker.co.uk. The registered office is, Redacre Close, Dutton, Warrington, Cheshire. WA4 4JU.
- This is a notice to inform you of our policy about all information that we record about you. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. It covers information that could identify you (“personal information”) and information on you should you order Merchandise from us.
- We regret that if there are one or more points below with which you are not happy, then contact me via the contact us page of the website.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purposes other than to deliver Merchandise and will not be shared with any third parties.
- We undertake to preserve the confidentiality of all information you provide to brettbaker.co.uk.
- Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented.
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party.
The bases on which we process information about you
The law requires us to determine under which of six defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, for www.brettbaker.co.uk.
If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant.
If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis.
1. Information we process because we have a contractual obligation with you
When you create an account on our website, buy a product or service from us, or otherwise agree to our terms and conditions for brettbaker.co.uk.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us.
We may use it in order to:
1.1. verify your identity for security purposes
1.2. sell products to you
1.3. provide you with our services
1.4. provide you with suggestions and advice on products and services.
We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested merchandise or information.
Additionally, we may aggregate this information in a general way and use it to provide class information, for example to monitor our performance with respect to a particular service we provide.
We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated.
2. Information we process with your consent
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our business, including sheet music, mouthpieces and CDs.
Wherever possible, we aim to obtain your explicit consent to process this information.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as when you send us a message by e-mail through the website.
Except where you have consented to our use of your information for a specific purpose, we do not use your information in any way that would identify you personally. We may aggregate it in a general way to continue to provide you with the best possible service.
We continue to process your information on this basis until you withdraw your consent or it can be used to make you aware of special offers or discounts or new merchandise.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by instructing us at www.brettbaker.co.uk.
3. Information we process for the purposes of legitimate interests
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to merchandise or information.
Where we process your information on this basis, we do so in your interest to inform you of events or new products:
For example, we may process your data to inform you of a brass workshop in your area
- record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of CDs other merchandise
- responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we receive to do with products or merchandise
- protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- insuring against or obtaining professional advice that is required to help or assist in your inquiry
- protecting your interests where we believe we have an obligation to do so
4. Information we process because we have a legal obligation
We are subject to the law like everyone else. Sometimes, we must process your address or email information.
For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have an interest in an individual.
This may include your personal information.
Specific uses of information you provide to us
5. Information provided on the understanding that it will be shared with a third party
Our website does not allow you to post information
6. Complaints regarding content on our website
Our website is a publishing medium but content is not publishable by third parties.
If you complain about any content found on www.brettbaker.co.uk then we will investigate and if we feel it is justified we will remove such content.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to consider each request as we see fit.
If we think your complaint is justifiable then action will be taken to remove content.
7. Information relating to your method of payment
Payment information is never taken by us, at the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of brettbaker.co.uk and taken directly to paypal.
8. Sending a message to me.
When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website we record your request and do not keep and personal data from such requests.
When we receive a complaint via email or phone we use that information to resolve your complaint.
If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give information to that other person.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this complaint.
Use of information we collect through automated systems when you visit our website
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website.
10.1. to track how you use our website
10.2. to record whether you regularly visit our website
10.3. to keep you signed in our site
10.4. to record your answers
10.5. to record the purchases from our website.
Disclosure and sharing of your information
11. Information we obtain from third parties
No such information is personally identifiable to you.
12. Data may be processed outside the European Union
Our websites are hosted in the Netherlands
13. Access to your own information
You can delete the information held by us at any time via our website
14. How you can complain
Contact www.brettbaker.co.uk and click on the contact us tab
14.2. If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner